Mets have the 10th pick in the draft

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
nats arent regretting taking lucas giolito
The risk was there with him too but he didn't get the surgery until after he was drafted

Plus who knows what caused him to have to get TJS in the first place. Maybe just dumb luck but there's probably something inherently wrong with the way he pitches as well.

nexxt

The Ultimate Contrarian and Serial Pooper
The risk was there with him too but he didn't get the surgery until after he was drafted

Plus who knows what caused him to have to get TJS in the first place. Maybe just dumb luck but there's probably something inherently wrong with the way he pitches as well.
true, but it was rather obvious at the time they drafted him he was going to have it. he dropped because of it.

i get what you're saying though. still, TJS just doesnt scare teams anymore

ADOV

Veteran Refugee
true, but it was rather obvious at the time they drafted him he was going to have it. he dropped because of it.

i get what you're saying though. still, TJS just doesnt scare teams anymore
Professional teams are well aware of that risk. At least 10 of the 30 major league organizations won't even consider drafting a pitcher if he has already had Tommy John surgery.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2080837-baseballs-pitching-dilemma-too-hard-too-fast-too-much-too-soon

From an article from Danny Knobler that I literally read this morning.

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
It sounds like the "Wilmer's too slow and doesn't have a position" crowd will just love Conforto. :D
People don't think Wilmer will hit enough to play the positions that you can hide him at, that's why. They're hoping Conforto will

LTK

Veteran Refugee
Can someone please fill me in on Conforto? Good pick?
Safe pick. High floor. Strengh is his bat and the Mets need hitters and outfielders so he fills a need. I think I read that he might be the best college bat in the draft, so there's some upside there. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts in Savannah.