Mark Vientos

WC

sandy vagina
Super Moderator
mark canha's sub .650 OPS recently isn't lighting the world on fire in LF either

doesn't have to be an escobar thing exclusively. there are plenty of ABs team wide for vientos to take, as long as you stop caring about hoping JD Davis becomes a good hitter

Joey Dirt

Sleepy Joey
“Hey Buck we wanna call up vientos. We think our best alignment is to continue to play Luis in the field, put vientos at DH, and sit Escobar down”

- “No. I’m not taking a chance in a season we can win it all with a young kid over an established veteran. He just needs more time”

WC

sandy vagina
Super Moderator
buck has nothing to do with escobar vs vientos.

your opinions on everything soooo bad.
sometimes you gotta just let a joey hot take go by instead of digging into it and getting 5 more posts on the subject

this is a life lesson you taught me through years of reacting to your terrible takes :)

tejdog1

A Tej
Vientos will K like 38% of his PAs up here, but if he can hit you 10 HRs in 35 games to the deadline, you take it then ship him out for an established hitter.

My only concern (aside from the strikeouts) is that his power is to right and wilpon's folly exists.

tejdog1

A Tej
I think he's trade bait, too, but like... even if he comes up here and bombs for 5 weeks leading up to the deadline, would that really ding his value?

MetsManiac

Veteran Refugee
I mean it’s the only thing that makes sense. If he sucks when they call him up it’s gonna torpedo his value. It’s dumb as shit though if that is the reason.
Yeah that’s a bullshit reason. Our division lead is shrinking by the day and we have a bat in our system who could be a major help to the big league club.

Saving him for a potential trade in a month when he could help us right now doesn’t make sense.

Js855

Refugee
Yeah that’s a bullshit reason. Our division lead is shrinking by the day and we have a bat in our system who could be a major help to the big league club.

Saving him for a potential trade in a month when he could help us right now doesn’t make sense.
Not only does it make sense, but if thats the move to be made who are they trading him for? Cause I don't want to give him up for a rental.

The type of power he has cannot be taught. I know the strikeouts are a concern, but less of a concern in a contact type lineup that needs some power. Also I'm still of the mindset there is no better place to improve then with the big club, learning from the veterans.

blueNorange

Woke and Broke
vientos doesn't really have any top value -- his only strength is his power potential.

he's a dh, he's not the centerpiece of any trade -- he's worth more to the mets than whatever they'd get in return.

call him up and have him bat tomorrow.

egelband

Refugee
Yep, we've succeeded on the "not selling out for the sake of hitting HR's"......however, Vientos has nothing to prove in AAA and he cant do any worse than the production we're already getting from DH.

I wonder if we're holding on bringing Vientos up as we're still trying to raise JD's value for a trade.
I think everyone knows what JD is.