4/28

DeenNY31

Board Pycho-logist
Nimmo already 2-2
single and a double. Just got thrown out at third trying to go for the triple but it took a perfect relay throw to get him

DeenNY31

Board Pycho-logist
Nimmo now 3-3
just lined an opposite field single. Both singles tonight were opposite field, double was pulled and ripped to right

Smokey

Taxman
Nobody in recent memory has started the year this hot at an age a year younger than appropriate. Guy is out of his mind for a full month and actually getting better as he goes along

Sent from my ADR910L using Tapatalk

Metsareback

Veteran Refugee
"I definitely feel better about the power this year," he said. "Last year, Savannah was a hard ballpark to hit for a lefty. Last year is what it is. I'm glad I've improved power-wise, I was thinking about that today, I was like, 'Wow, I hit as many in one month as I did the whole season.' So that's been nice to see some result. I worked hard this offseason putting in time away from the family."

Nimmo went to the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, to figure out a new approach for 2014.

"I took it very seriously, to get stronger and gain bat speed," he said. "I'm glad to see that paying off, I'm very happy."

It was his power, though, that had him up all winter in Bradenton. He became more athletic and quicker on the field and at the plate.

"It was really strength-wise in my legs, just working on real explosive movements, baseball-specific movements, really sport-specific," he said. "At IMG, we worked on rotational power, we'd do high-weight dead lifts and stuff to supplement that along with flexibility. It's funny how being more flexible can help out with some power. Really, I was getting stronger and maintaining flexibility. Being able to go through your natural swing with more fluidity and powerfully, that's the biggest thing."

Monday's homer in the seventh left Tradition Field despite a breeze coming into the park, another thing Nimmo took notice of.

"It was a changeup that I hit well, kind of golfed it out, I was happy with the swing, even hit it into the wind. So I was happy with the power and how this year has been going," he said. "It's been pretty good, nothing to complain about, and I'm seeing the results after the work I've put in this offseason."
http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140428&content_id=73670806&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&tcid=tw_article_73670806

TROMB16

Resurrected Once Again!
If he develops power I think he may have more star power than even wright in the future. No disrespect to wright.

nexxt

The Ultimate Contrarian and Serial Pooper
HITTER OF THE DAY: Brandon Nimmo, cf — high Class A St. Lucie (Mets)
Nimmo, the Mets' No. 8 prospect, went 4-for-4 with a double and home run in St. Lucie's 7-3 win over Charlotte. The first-ever first-rounder from Wyoming—despite not playing baseball in high school or college—is now hitting .407/.530/.549 with 24 BB and 20 SOs and five steals in seven tries.