Mets Refugees  

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2019, 09:57 AM   #61
AJFrenchman
Refugee
 
AJFrenchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dix Hills NY
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
I don't see how the math works, they can't be willing to punt a first next year, can they?
Wow... they really went that much over slot for Wolf?
__________________
AJFrenchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #62
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle
 
Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dalton, Ga
Posts: 8,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTillNextSeason View Post
I assume they drafted Barco as a back-up plan to Allan. Yes, they'd lose the 600k or so in slot value if they lose Allan, but Pickles said he heard Barco would listen at $2 mil and they could perhaps get up to that even without Allan's slot if they're willing to spend in the overage

Mayer said he has sources that say that Allan could still perhaps be had around $2.5 mil, so perhaps that dream isn't dead anyways. But you question why he wasn't taken sooner if he was willing to take that little
2.5 is the going rate for top prep arms.

Allan 2.5 Mil-2.75 Mil gets job done
Barco 2.5 Mil but don't know where the money would come from regardless of Allan signing.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #63
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle
 
Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dalton, Ga
Posts: 8,116
Default

Why punt a first next year? The draft is so much better up top compared to this year.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #64
Daft Punk
Humanitarian, Good Fella
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25,350
Default

I'm a little stunned at the Wolf number, to be honest. But if he's a legit prep arm, then it was going to take 2 million.
Daft Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #65
AJFrenchman
Refugee
 
AJFrenchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dix Hills NY
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
2.5 is the going rate for top prep arms.

Allan 2.5 Mil-2.75 Mil gets job done
Barco 2.5 Mil but don't know where the money would come from regardless of Allan signing.
Gut feeling, with the aprox. 2.5 mil the Mets have to offer Allen, does he sign?
__________________
AJFrenchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #66
METS LEGIONS
Sir Sig-a-Lot
 
METS LEGIONS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
Posts: 39,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobniborg View Post
You bolded all the signed picks?
Signed picks have at end
__________________
2009, 2018 AVM FFB CHAMPION!
http://legions.forumup.us/
^^^^^^^^^
METS MINOR LG BOXSCORES
METS LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:46 PM   #67
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle
 
Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dalton, Ga
Posts: 8,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFrenchman View Post
Gut feeling, with the aprox. 2.5 mil the Mets have to offer Allen, does he sign?
No clue. Have no familiarity with the prospect. I have some familiarity with Barco.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #68
WaitTillNextSeason
Refugee
 
WaitTillNextSeason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Why punt a first next year? The draft is so much better up top compared to this year.
How did he fall past the second round if he was willing to take $2.5 mil this whole time, though? That's not an out-of-the-ordinary slot in the second
WaitTillNextSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:21 PM   #69
FONZIE993
Troll?
 
FONZIE993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Pine Barrens
Posts: 63,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Why punt a first next year? The draft is so much better up top compared to this year.
Pickles, my man, that's gotta be a rhetorical question.
__________________
! = Sarcasm
FONZIE993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:37 PM   #70
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle
 
Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dalton, Ga
Posts: 8,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTillNextSeason View Post
How did he fall past the second round if he was willing to take $2.5 mil this whole time, though? That's not an out-of-the-ordinary slot in the second
The draft isn’t as black and white as you are making it. The area scouts do so much intelligence gathering on these players. A friend of mine was the lead on a 2nd rounder last season who ended up accepting 1.3 less than his ask because the team had new found leverage as the draft wore on and the player’s representative couldn’t agree with teams on price tags. it became a desperate situation for the player who wanted to go pro and cost the player 850k.

Again, I don’t have intel on the player outside of what has been reported. However, a similar situation could have taken place and the Mets seized on it.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:13 AM   #71
WaitTillNextSeason
Refugee
 
WaitTillNextSeason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
The draft isn’t as black and white as you are making it. The area scouts do so much intelligence gathering on these players. A friend of mine was the lead on a 2nd rounder last season who ended up accepting 1.3 less than his ask because the team had new found leverage as the draft wore on and the player’s representative couldn’t agree with teams on price tags. it became a desperate situation for the player who wanted to go pro and cost the player 850k.

Again, I don’t have intel on the player outside of what has been reported. However, a similar situation could have taken place and the Mets seized on it.
Okay, thanks, I do like believing that the Mets may have had special intel that Allan would accept 2.5 instead of believing that the Mets took a risk without knowing how to follow through
WaitTillNextSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:58 AM   #72
Hire
Administrator
 
Hire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 57,227
Default

Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #73
amazin port
Refugee
 
amazin port's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hire View Post
Squeaky bum time for BVW.


Without signing Allan, he's going to be Jim Duquette 2.0
amazin port is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #74
TuscanyTile
Refugee
 
TuscanyTile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Citifield Chop Shop
Posts: 3,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTillNextSeason View Post
Okay, thanks, I do like believing that the Mets may have had special intel that Allan would accept 2.5 instead of believing that the Mets took a risk without knowing how to follow through
It's hard to believe that only the Mets would know this though. Did this kid grow up a Met fan or something? I've never heard any rumors like that.
__________________
“The merry-go-round will be in motion”
TuscanyTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #75
TuscanyTile
Refugee
 
TuscanyTile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Citifield Chop Shop
Posts: 3,052
Default

If the Mets sign Allen the I'm actually a big fan of the way Brodie handled the draft. (Basically the polar opposite of how he handled the offseason)
__________________
“The merry-go-round will be in motion”
TuscanyTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:08 PM   #76
the_stone31
Refugee
 
the_stone31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,474
Default

I like this guy

the_stone31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:13 PM   #77
nexxt
NeXXXTentacion
 
nexxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: probably in the sky, flying with the fishes, or maybe in the ocean, swimming with the pigeons
Posts: 41,920
Default

Mangum is a gamer. Easy to root for.
nexxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:41 PM   #78
TuscanyTile
Refugee
 
TuscanyTile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Citifield Chop Shop
Posts: 3,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stone31 View Post
I like this guy

He kind of looks like Bryce Harper (though a much, much better dude).
__________________
“The merry-go-round will be in motion”
TuscanyTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #79
Daft Punk
Humanitarian, Good Fella
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanyTile View Post
It's hard to believe that only the Mets would know this though. Did this kid grow up a Met fan or something? I've never heard any rumors like that.
It's very easy to say, "give me 3 million or I'm going to college." But then having 2 or 2.5 million waved in front of your face and turning it down? That's something entirely different.
Daft Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #80
BennySammy
Writes like a 16 yr. old girl in her diary
 
BennySammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sunnyside, Queens
Posts: 42,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanyTile View Post
He kind of looks like Bryce Harper (though a much, much better dude).
more like Cryce Harper, amirite?
__________________
some stories that I have written...


http://bennysamuel.tumblr.com
BennySammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues
 
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.