Mets Refugees  

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #461
gjthejet5
2014 AVM Baseball Champ
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,559
Default

shame he got taken by the yankees, thats his fav team haha. But i just talked to my brother whos a yr younger than him and he said jer isnt gonna sign hes goin to college. So assuming he doesnt sign by the deadline the yanks lose their rights to him right?

Last edited by gjthejet5; 06-11-2009 at 09:59 AM.
gjthejet5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #462
WhatEverULike
Refugee
 
WhatEverULike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjthejet5 View Post
shame he got taken by the yankees, thats his fav team haha. But i just talked to my brother whos a yr younger than him and he said jer isnt gonna sign hes goin to college. So assuming he doesnt sign by the deadline the yanks lose their rights to him right?
Yes this year's deadline is Aug 17th.

He's going to a 4 year university so he can't be re-drafted until his Junior year, unless a few things happen.

#1 - He leaves St John's and heads to a JUCO in his Sophmore year.
#2 - Turns 21 before his Junior year
#3 - Heads to a JUCO instead of entering the 4 year college.

You called it, you said he was going to be drafted and so he was.

I said, if they tell you 15-20, that means...etc etc. I predicted 32, it was actually 45. The Yankees had to fill up their rosters in Short Season ball and then go after the summer follows, unsignable guys.
WhatEverULike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #463
Metsareback
Refugee
 
Metsareback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,959
Default

We drafted some real interesting guys late. We are usually pretty good at signing the players we draft so hopefully we can get the majority of them.
Metsareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #464
RM57
(((RM57)))
 
RM57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 56,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsareback View Post
We drafted some real interesting guys late. We are usually pretty good at signing the players we draft so hopefully we can get the majority of them.
who are the best ones to follow?
__________________
how many times can you break till you shatter
RM57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #465
METS LEGIONS
Sir Sig-a-Lot
 
METS LEGIONS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
Posts: 39,179
Default

wow what abang to finish draft but i doubt we sign any of the day 3 signees. u talking major ovrslots for some of these hs kids with committments. unless the wilpons open up the vault this can get a very very very good draft. drafted some nice rh power bats late. gunhouse is a must for overslot

rudy and sandy went young with this draft lots of hs talent this yr just will they sign and will freddy up open up the vault for kiddie corps
METS LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #466
Cage
Refugee
 
Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM57 View Post
who are the best ones to follow?

Mitchel Haniger

Like Marisnick, Haniger showed plus-power potential at the plate and a strong arm in the outfield. He made solid contact in two of his at-bats, driving one ball off the very top of the left field wall for a triple. Haniger is listed at 6-feet-2, 180-pounds and showed off a powerful throwing arm from right field.- Baseball America


Ryan Gunhouse

Ryan Gunhouse is a 2009 C/3B with a 6'2'', 185 lb. frame from League City, TX who attends Clear Creek. Tall athletic body, very good build, good bat speed at the plate, strength in swing, quick hands, stays inside the ball some, gap to gap pop, aggressive hitting approach, one of the best looking hitters at the event, big arm strength behind the plate, quick exchange, feet work well, high-level college prospect, lots of tools to work with.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #467
WC
Sandy Vagina
 
WC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 66,157
Default

yeah, seems like a lot of good selections late, hopefully we pay for them
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #468
jimduquettesucked
Refugee
 
jimduquettesucked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Trap House
Posts: 9,861
Default

Who's this years Bruno?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile.project View Post
that's because every chick in the south can wear a bikini while youre legally mandated to be piss drunk the entire time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC View Post
if instead of getting saved by mr. miyagi daniel-san started stabbing bitches when he was getting gang beaten by the cobra clan after the halloween party, I'd be ok with that too
jimduquettesucked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #469
Cage
Refugee
 
Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by METS LEGIONS View Post
wow what abang to finish draft but i doubt we sign any of the day 3 signees. u talking major ovrslots for some of these hs kids with committments. unless the wilpons open up the vault this can get a very very very good draft. drafted some nice rh power bats late. gunhouse is a must for overslot

rudy and sandy went young with this draft lots of hs talent this yr just will they sign and will freddy up open up the vault for kiddie corps

Who are some of the other big overslot guys? Gunhouse and Haniger are the only ones I know about. (Didn't look at most of these day 3 kids)
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #470
Metsareback
Refugee
 
Metsareback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
Mitchel Haniger

Like Marisnick, Haniger showed plus-power potential at the plate and a strong arm in the outfield. He made solid contact in two of his at-bats, driving one ball off the very top of the left field wall for a triple. Haniger is listed at 6-feet-2, 180-pounds and showed off a powerful throwing arm from right field.- Baseball America


Ryan Gunhouse

Ryan Gunhouse is a 2009 C/3B with a 6'2'', 185 lb. frame from League City, TX who attends Clear Creek. Tall athletic body, very good build, good bat speed at the plate, strength in swing, quick hands, stays inside the ball some, gap to gap pop, aggressive hitting approach, one of the best looking hitters at the event, big arm strength behind the plate, quick exchange, feet work well, high-level college prospect, lots of tools to work with.
Mantiply and Easley as well.
Metsareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues
 
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.