Mets Refugees  

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > New York Mets

Old 01-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #221
CharMart
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
Originally Posted by thewatcher4646 View Post
I'm a flaming cocksucker who lost his virginity to his uncle in the bathroom and now I'm retarded for it

Wow this isn't the place for this dude.
Sounds like he fits right in
Old 01-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #222
jrmua84
Refugee

I look at it this way...you replaced Wilmer Flores with Lowrie...and I'm fine with that.

Put it in the books...the history books!
- Howie Rose (6/1/12)
jrmua84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #223
Fred Snow
Refugee

I only buy MLB the Show when the Mets are good on paper and its starting to look that way. I can even cheat and put Cespedes on the bench as a secret weapon.
Fred Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #224
Willie777
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Snow View Post
I only buy MLB the Show when the Mets are good on paper and its starting to look that way. I can even cheat and put Cespedes on the bench as a secret weapon.
I won't buy the Show again until the PS5 comes out...so, probably in 2020.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #225
Fred Snow
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie777 View Post
I won't buy the Show again until the PS5 comes out...so, probably in 2020.
Unfortunately once Mets-itis hits most of the players this year they probably won't be as good on paper in 2020.
Fred Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #226
NewYorker4ever
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchTheRisingStars View Post
I mean, it's a good move just not sure how Mickey is going to make all of this work
This is how i feel and shit.....we don't even know if Mickey's gonna work yet. I hope he had his eyes wide open last year and learned a lot and listens to his coaches especially Riggleman this year.
NewYorker4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #227
Willie777
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Snow View Post
Unfortunately once Mets-itis hits most of the players this year they probably won't be as good on paper in 2020.
True...I'm not even certain I'm getting the game for the PS5...I'm just assuming the graphical leap will be too hard to resist...with the way graphics are peaking though now, it doesn't actually seem like the next PS will be revolutionary anyway.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #228
NewYorker4ever
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan0815 View Post
Not an actual equal comparison because Cano made Bruce and Swarzaks contracts disappear
And it's 30+ over 10 years instead of Lowrie for 2 and Cano for 5. Big Difference.
NewYorker4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #229
DeeKay7685
Donut Licker

I was unable to follow This thread can anyone tell me who Lowrie is replacing, Frazier at 3b or Alonso at 1b?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #230
Joey Dirt
Hopes Community College Can Compare

So Brodie told Bowden who asked if this meant Alonso wouldn’t be starting at 1B now, that Lowrie gives protection in case Alonso gets off to a slow start .. allowing them to move Frazier to 1B

So maybe Alonso still has a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoProblems
There is also the fact that when we got back to her place I needed to drop a fat shit, which I absolutely should have done at the restaurant but did not for some reason. No spray, no candles, no nothin. I was praying she didn't have to use the bathroom for a few minutes after I went, but of course the universe hates me and she went in like 3 minutes later. I'm thinking that Eu de MoMo did not help the situation.
Joey Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #231
Remember the Maine
Refugee

Although we'd all like to go out and sign a Harper and Machado, that's obviously not happening. So long as they continue to see this through, I do understand this line of thinking in that each of the last few seasons, many of us said "this team can be very good if they're healthy" which they never were.

Last year was really an eye opener with the lack of organizational depth, with guys like Gagnon, Reinheimer, Reyes, Ty Kelly, den Dekker, et al all seeing time at some point. In the last week, by adding Santiago, Davis, Broxton, and Lowrie, along with the previous additions of Rajai Davis and Gregor Blanco, they're trying to ensure they have guys who are at least major-league caliber should the inevitable injuries arise. Yes, Lowrie probably starts, but it pushes everyone back a spot and, although Davis and Blanco are fringe major leaguers at best, they're sure as shit an improvement over den Dekker, Reinheimer, and Ty Kelly.
"To call it an equalizer implies that there is a point in time during an at-bat that a hitter has a chance," Braden said. "This is just not the case. It's a neutralizer, a devastator. It sends batter after batter to their final resting place in Valhalla."
Remember the Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #232
dmtt61d
Refugee

I'm cool with this move. Good value for a good player, short enough deal to mitigate any age concerns. And it does add some real depth to the roster, whether Lowrie is largely playing 3B everyday or if he's moving around to various positions.

I like it even more if it means that they are indeed comfortable starting McNeil more regularly in the OF. That nets out really making our lineup deeper, if so. Would then be able to view this as Lowrie being the bat they added instead of Pollock. Which, while Pollock has more upside, Lowrie comes with much less risk on a likely cheaper, shorter deal, without Pollock's durability concerns. I also like that Lowrie gets on base at a notably higher clip. I'm an OBP guy.

I'm assuming they're now done adding any notable bats. Still want to see one more good full inning reliever added. Adam Warren makes a lot of sense for his versatility. Would also be intrigued by reuniting Cody Allen or Greg Holland with Mickey / Eiland, respectively. Holland obviously bombed with the Cards in the first half last season, but was quietly really darn good after landing with the Nats in the second half.
dmtt61d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #233
DeeKay7685
Donut Licker

Have they said who starts in Cf Nimmo (vs Rhps) or Conforto? Is McNeil playing right or left field?
Old 01-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #234
Willie777
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay7685 View Post
Have they said who starts in Cf Nimmo (vs Rhps) or Conforto? Is McNeil playing right or left field?
We are probably going to see endless 'matchup' lineups.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #235
Pond Scum
Formerly Fire Omar

Brodie is a throw shit at the wall kind of moron

Now he can trade McNeil for more re-tread depth somewhere

"He's been a great owner," Selig said. "Loves his team. He's everything you'd want in a local owner.

Pond Scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #236
m8644
Refugee

Weird move but offensive depth will be nice once the injuries come. Not having to roll out the dying corpse of Reyes or watch some life long minor leaguer try their best to not piss themselves on the field will be a welcome change. One more pen piece (though Avilan is quality) and another semi-decent starter for the back end and that's a team that you can have real hope with.
m8644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #237
Ford Prefect
I ❤ Twilight

signing a 35 year old after his career year. surely he'll continue to be highly productive once he comes to the Mets.
Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #238
hammerhead
R u a qt? lol

Well he was highly productive in 2017 too
hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #239
Stengel
Refugee

Nimmo CF
Lowrie 3B
Cano 2B
Ramos C
Conforto LF
Alonso 1B
McNeil RF
Rosario SS
Stengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #240
pedagogue
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
signing a 35 year old after his career year. surely he'll continue to be highly productive once he comes to the Mets.
The only thing that makes me feel better about this signing is that his improvement at the plate has lasted two years and occurred directly after getting his vision.

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > New York Mets