Mets Refugees  

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
69METS86
Jesus? Is that you?
 
69METS86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,995
Default 2011 mets top prospects

Not sure of posted already

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/...pects-for-2011
__________________
All I want for Christmas is the charges dropped
69METS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
lmillz
#Refugee
 
lmillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,101
Default

...this is from october 29th :roll:
lmillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
Interestedobserver
|-)
 
Interestedobserver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 8,061
Default

There's been some huge movement up and down since then.
Interestedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Rey Ordonez
Refugee
 
Rey Ordonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11,987
Default

Familia is way up, Puello was low to begin with.

These MILB sites love Familia.
Rey Ordonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle
 
Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dalton, Ga
Posts: 8,054
Default

Sickels is clueless even now

The First Time
was once not too much?
Still cannot believe some of these rankings
this guy sees less prospects a season than I do
I'm serious

As SB nation gets more serious about their baseball coverage
They need to dump this guy (and his wife) for someone better
this guy relies on a network that is not as up to date as KG at Baseball Prospectus
and doesn't do the leg work that Jonathan Mayo or Mike Newman does
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
DeeKay7685
Donut Licker
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 29,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Sickels is clueless even now

The First Time
was once not too much?
Still cannot believe some of these rankings
this guy sees less prospects a season than I do
I'm serious

As SB nation gets more serious about their baseball coverage
They need to dump this guy (and his wife) for someone better
this guy relies on a network that is not as up to date as KG at Baseball Prospectus
and doesn't do the leg work that Jonathan Mayo or Mike Newman does
i'd give you his job but you may have to change your writing style.
DeeKay7685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
Interestedobserver
|-)
 
Interestedobserver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 8,061
Default

Sickels covers too many systems to know any one well.
Interestedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle
 
Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dalton, Ga
Posts: 8,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interestedobserver View Post
Sickels covers too many systems to know any one well.
Huh?
I think everyone who does his job
does it better than he does
He doesn't travel to see games
except to the fall league
where he barely spends a week
stats is his gospel
tools
ceilings
projections
are rubbish
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle
 
Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dalton, Ga
Posts: 8,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay7685 View Post
i'd give you his job but you may have to change your writing style.
This is not the only style I write in
and I have many aliases out in the prospect blogsphere
however, I concentrate my writing about the prospects on the team I love
and the prospects of the team that haunts me at every turn (Braves)
Oh, and I wrote about a Phillies prospect last year too.

I don't have the experience or the knowledge to be good at this type of job
:)
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
DeeKay7685
Donut Licker
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 29,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
This is not the only style I write in
and I have many aliases out in the prospect blogsphere
however, I concentrate my writing about the prospects on the team I love
and the prospects of the team that haunts me at every turn (Braves)
Oh, and I wrote about a Phillies prospect last year too.

I don't have the experience or the knowledge to be good at this type of job
:)
i'm just kidding. better to be unique than the same old.
any interest in scouting or coaching though, seriously?
DeeKay7685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #11
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle
 
Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dalton, Ga
Posts: 8,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay7685 View Post
i'm just kidding. better to be unique than the same old.
any interest in scouting or coaching though, seriously?
Other than coaching for little leaguers
I won't be coaching

I'm a fan
it's really hard to be both a fan and a scout
During the first week of the season
I had a half hour conversation with someone
that I respect greatly
who works in the game
and is widely known

It was a awesome conversation
but
I realized that once you cross a certain line
when you go from a fan to someone who works in baseball
you lose your innocence
and also take some huge financial hits
That's sad
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #12
machinegunfunk
1,000 Twitter followers; Penis still tiny
 
machinegunfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 21,576
Default

i invented hating jon sickels.

he just steals from other people and analyzes stats
__________________
iceyspoons: is he the old bald guy, or the bald old guy?
machinegunfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #13
Interestedobserver
|-)
 
Interestedobserver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 8,061
Default

Why can't we all share in the hate?
Interestedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
Interestedobserver
|-)
 
Interestedobserver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 8,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Other than coaching for little leaguers

It was a awesome conversation
but
I realized that once you cross a certain line
when you go from a fan to someone who works in baseball
you lose your innocence
and also take some huge financial hits
That's sad
There is an old saying. Once you take money for something you love, you will never love it again.
Interestedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues
 
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.