Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
trikery
Refugee

I can't believe it. Oh wait, yes I can.
trikery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #5
bobniborg
bobniborg

Law playing heel. Mets fans finally hate their system so now he loves them.
bobniborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #6
nexxt
NeXXXTentacion

Location: probably in the sky, flying with the fishes or maybe in the ocean, swimming with the pigeons

I thought everyone hated Law? Or does that not apply when he sings our praises? Fuck you Keith. You little twerp.
nexxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 PM   #7
WaitTillNextSeason
Refugee

I think Law is bad at his job and has one of the douchiest twitter personas on the planet, but, yay, praise!
WaitTillNextSeason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #8
CatchTheRisingStars
Refugee

Law sucks but the system is better than the "barren wasteland" people were talking about it being coming into the year
CatchTheRisingStars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #9
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Law is one of the nicest people I've met in the business.

I don't have the Mets system for our book or the website this year. We lost our main org writer to another job so we have been piecing together coverage among a few of us existing writers and contracting with some outside peeps too. I'm amazed at the people we got working with us on the book and org coverage.

I'm going from covering 6 organizations to covering 11 organizations. I gave up MIL & NYM to accommodate other writers. I gave up ARI for other reasons. I have ATL, MIA, CIN, SF, NYY, BAL, TB, MIN, CHW, KC, SEA.

After I'm done my contracted work, I'll pop on here and do a Mets top 15 or 20 since I've done a lot of prep, calling scouts and what not.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #10
DeeKay7685
Donut Licker

Pickles, who do you think is/was a better SS prospect, Rosario or Mauricio?
DeeKay7685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #11
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay7685 View Post
Pickles, who do you think is/was a better SS prospect, Rosario or Mauricio?
Rosario at this same point in their careers. I thought the Mets rushed Amed before he was ready because of public outcry. The player I saw in Triple-A had issues to resolved before any call-up should have been made. He needed to spend all of 2017 in the minors. You've seen him finally make some adjustments but the learning curve is so steep in the majors and he's got some ways to go, especially game planning ABs and zone awareness.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #12
DeenNY31
Refugee

Law can be annoying on twitter at times but he’s pretty good at his job and not nearly as bad as some think he is
DeenNY31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #13
FONZIE993
Troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Law is one of the nicest people I've met in the business.

I don't have the Mets system for our book or the website this year. We lost our main org writer to another job so we have been piecing together coverage among a few of us existing writers and contracting with some outside peeps too. I'm amazed at the people we got working with us on the book and org coverage.

I'm going from covering 6 organizations to covering 11 organizations. I gave up MIL & NYM to accommodate other writers. I gave up ARI for other reasons. I have ATL, MIA, CIN, SF, NYY, BAL, TB, MIN, CHW, KC, SEA.

After I'm done my contracted work, I'll pop on here and do a Mets top 15 or 20 since I've done a lot of prep, calling scouts and what not.
Book?
FONZIE993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:10 PM   #14
WaitTillNextSeason
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenNY31 View Post
Law can be annoying on twitter at times but he’s pretty good at his job and not nearly as bad as some think he is
His Twitter persona is just awful and he's the most stubborn scout in the business. Half his shtick is shitting on fans and fringe prospects for asking him questions about said prospects that he doesn't really know a lot about (see McNeil). The other half is over-the-top Cynthia Nixon shit.

I'm sure he's a great guy in real life but the self-importance he projects on the internet is unbearable. I'd rather get my info from literally any other scout. Maybe even Tej.
WaitTillNextSeason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #15
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE993 View Post
Book?
It's one of our two books at HQ. The Minor League Baseball Analyst has been around 14 years.

https://www.baseballhq.com/minor-lea...seball-analyst

I may also contribute to the flagship book too.

https://www.baseballhq.com/baseball-forecaster
Old 09-21-2018, 09:45 PM   #16
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTillNextSeason View Post
His Twitter persona is just awful and he's the most stubborn scout in the business. Half his shtick is shitting on fans and fringe prospects for asking him questions about said prospects that he doesn't really know a lot about (see McNeil). The other half is over-the-top Cynthia Nixon shit.

I'm sure he's a great guy in real life but the self-importance he projects on the internet is unbearable. I'd rather get my info from literally any other scout. Maybe even Tej.
Wow! Even Tej
Old 09-21-2018, 11:33 PM   #17
tejdog1
A Tej

Tej doesn't care anymore because none of this matters.

Prospects will become players in the majors, the owners won't do enough to suppliment them, the should-be-great-team won't, they'll luck into a deep playoff run once-per-10 years, they won't rebuild properly, rinse and repeat.
tejdog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #18
TuscanyTile
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
We've drafted well consistently? Where is that in terms of MLB talent then? Conforto, Rosario, McNeil, Lagares were drafted during Sandy's tenure. I'm not sure which pitchers we drafted (remember Syndergaard was a trade for an Omar signing - RA Dickey).

For the record, I am optimistic about our minor league players though. It does sound like Sandy and co have really started making progress with that. It's still probably going to be a few years away though unfortunately. It would be nice to at least see some more of it next year. Alonso at the very least (though I get the feeling he'll be blocked by Jay Bruce at 1B so they'll just leave him in the minors until September).
Old 09-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #19
METS LEGIONS
Sir Sig-a-Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanyTile View Post
We've drafted well consistently? Where is that in terms of MLB talent then? Conforto, Rosario, McNeil, Lagares were drafted during Sandy's tenure. I'm not sure which pitchers we drafted (remember Syndergaard was a trade for an Omar signing - RA Dickey).

For the record, I am optimistic about our minor league players though. It does sound like Sandy and co have really started making progress with that. It's still probably going to be a few years away though unfortunately. It would be nice to at least see some more of it next year. Alonso at the very least (though I get the feeling he'll be blocked by Jay Bruce at 1B so they'll just leave him in the minors until September).
Lagares was signed by omar as IFA in 2007
METS MINOR LG BOXSCORES
METS LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #20
Hire
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanyTile View Post

How could you forget Nimmo?

Lugo and Gsellman as well
Hire is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues