Mets Refugees  

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > New York Mets

Old 05-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #21
Roger Dorn
Refugee

Half full ... of diarrhea

Quote:
And any time Dan Plesac speaks I feel like droppin the people's elbow on some baby ducklings.
Roger Dorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #22
Davey Valentine
VAJERATI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
what moron is saying we're destined for the WS?

This club will finish the year with some where between 79 and 85 wins. no playoffs.
He's exaggerating to make a point. No one ever said we'd literally never win a game again, either.
Davey Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #23
hammerhead
R u a qt? lol

The pitching has rounded into shape, we will be winning a lot soon

The Phillies pitching is relying a lot on Eflin and Eickoff at the moment, once they stop pitching over their heads, they’re gonna lose some more
hammerhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #24
nyrfan0815
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post

The Phillies pitching is relying a lot on Eflin and Eickoff at the moment, once they stop pitching over their heads, they’re gonna lose some more
Plus the Phillies schedule is going to get tougher
nyrfan0815 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #25
gramazins
Refugee

Half Full. The entire pitching staff (Starters and bullpen) haveso far underwhelmed, but also have appeared to have righted themselves. I can't imagine Nimmo not rebounding into at least a serviceable hitter, and Rosario can't be this bad in the field. Cano should rebound into at least a slightly above hitter, so I think there is lots of room to be happy with a .500 start considering all thats gone wrong.
gramazins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #26
robardin
Refugee

The answer on this board is always "Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!"

Old 05-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #27
GrittyandGutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post

LuGoat looks amazing. Robby G looks the best he has ever looked. Maybe Familia becomes good again after he rested his injury or whatever happened.

on paper the mets have one of the best rotations in the league. a solid offense(could be very good if Cano and Ramos stop sucking). potential for a good pen.

i think they have the ability to be the most complete team in the NL east.
GrittyandGutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #28
Dr. K
Refugee

I'd say half full. I like the fact that we seem to have righted ourselves after we could have spiraled out of control. The pen is getting better along with the rotation. Alonso hasn't come back down to earth yet. Rosario's bat is actually pretty good. We just need Nimmo, Ramos and Cano to pick it up and then we'll be in a much better place.

I still think we can compete and battle the Phillies for the division. Nationals/Braves, not so much.
Dr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #29
WC
Sandy Vagina

my cup overfloweth but it was a shot glass to begin with
WC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #30
Ballpark_Frankx
Refugee

Mine is half full with leaks at the bottom. Those leaks consist of mainly two things.

1) Today will be our 4th Throw away game since the start of the year which I define as sending under qualified pitchers to the mound for whatever reason. Basically #6 and below in this case.

2) Running out lineups that are less than the best ones available to us. We know what it takes to keep the line moving in this lineup. It's not a bad one. But it becomes bad whenever they throw a turd in the punchbowl. Unlike other year's that were exclusively reliant on the HR... this is not the case this year. But it needs both feet in in order to make it work. A guy like Frazier muddies that process.

I think that it will come down to whoever's pitching holds up for the season. Don't be dismayed by Phillies lineup too much. If their pitching collapses and it can as we saw last year... we need to maintain our course and take advantage of that. There's weak parts with every team in this division. We need to eliminate ours sooner than later.
Ballpark_Frankx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #31
Dr. K
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpark_Frankx View Post
Mine is half full with leaks at the bottom. Those leaks consist of mainly two things.

1) Today will be our 4th Throw away game since the start of the year which I define as sending under qualified pitchers to the mound for whatever reason. Basically #6 and below in this case.

2) Running out lineups that are less than the best ones available to us. We know what it takes to keep the line moving in this lineup. It's not a bad one. But it becomes bad whenever they throw a turd in the punchbowl. Unlike other year's that were exclusively reliant on the HR... this is not the case this year. But it needs both feet in in order to make it work. A guy like Frazier muddies that process.

I think that it will come down to whoever's pitching holds up for the season. Don't be dismayed by Phillies lineup too much. If their pitching collapses and it can as we saw last year... we need to maintain our course and take advantage of that. There's weak parts with every team in this division. We need to eliminate ours sooner than later.
Do you think we get Keuchel or Kimbrel?
Dr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #32
gramazins
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpark_Frankx View Post

How do you get 4? I see two starts after today for Font and 1 for Flexen. Also all teams deal with pitching injuries and half to use their 6th starter and below at some point, so not really sure the point being made here.
gramazins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #33
code
Happier than the Pillsbury Doughboy on his way to a baking convention

I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe again. This is a .500 team until they prove to me otherwise.
code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #34
Ballpark_Frankx
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramazins View Post
How do you get 4? I see two starts after today for Font and 1 for Flexen. Also all teams deal with pitching injuries and half to use their 6th starter and below at some point, so not really sure the point being made here.
I'm including the games in which Vargas did not get an out and they had to bring in their 'long reliever' Oswalt when the game was already beaten down. He then made it worse.

The Flexen and Font starts are 2 & 3. This will be #4.

Do I think we'll get either K or K? Kimbrel don't seem likely because he won't get the closer's role. Keuchel because he's gonna want added years of security and it would be dangerous for him to come here and suck for a half season further deteriorating his value.

Commitments to players beyond what they want to give them seem most unlikely.
Ballpark_Frankx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > New York Mets