Mets Refugees  

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues

Old 10-08-2018, 09:20 PM   #61
WaitTillNextSeason
Refugee

One more question: you mentioned Junior Santos as a sleeper. All I really know about him is that he's tall and young. What's his stuff like?
WaitTillNextSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:19 PM   #62
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTillNextSeason View Post
One more question: you mentioned Junior Santos as a sleeper. All I really know about him is that he's tall and young. What's his stuff like?
Amateur contact working GCL raved about the kidís feel for pitching and athleticism in short appearance. Only had reports on 2 pitches, 2-seam FB low 90s and low 80s slurve. Thought is heíll build velocity as he grows into body, develop solid secondaries since he has good idea to spin and be able to repeat his long limbed delivery bc of plus athleticism.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:20 PM   #63
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

I’ll even take on additional prospect questions outside the org. If I can’t be specific bc of my contractual obligations, I’ll be vague.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #64
LTK
Refugee

Mets question again, if you don't mind.

Do you like any of the bullpen arms who we might see in 2019? Nogosek, Hanhold, Bautista, maybe others? You mentioned Kilome, but is there anyone else?

Bautista obviously saw MLB time this year but didn't do well in his 5 chances/4 innings.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:19 PM   #65
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTK View Post
Mets question again, if you don't mind.

Do you like any of the bullpen arms who we might see in 2019? Nogosek, Hanhold, Bautista, maybe others? You mentioned Kilome, but is there anyone else?

Bautista obviously saw MLB time this year but didn't do well in his 5 chances/4 innings.

Thanks.
Kilome and one of those other names will probably stick. There is a reason why these reliever types are the rage on the trade market. Teams have no clue which guys are actually going to stick. Like, I was big on Nogosek and you see how his season went in the minors. Lots of fools gold in the market.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #66
DeeKay7685
Donut Licker

Ok pickles ...answer this question... of Hanhold, Dr Smith, Bashlor who do you think has the best chance to be a successful ML reliever??? Go on the record!

Last edited by DeeKay7685; 10-09-2018 at 04:56 PM.
DeeKay7685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #67
NERD
fat stupid asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Iíll even take on additional prospect questions outside the org. If I canít be specific bc of my contractual obligations, Iíll be vague.
Do you like Pache or Waters more long term and why?
NERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #68
DeeKay7685
Donut Licker

What kind of cookies do you like?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #69
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay7685 View Post
Ok pickles ...answer this question... of Hanhold, Dr Smith, Bashlor who do you think has the best chance to be a successful ML reliever??? Go on the record!
I like Smithís upside the most. All three have about a 50/50 chance. Whoever finds command will make it bc the stuff will play.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:34 PM   #70
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERD View Post
Do you like Pache or Waters more long term and why?
Iíll keep it general on Waters bc my opinion is fresh behind a paywall.

I have Pache ranked ahead of Waters. Pache is the best defensive CF Iíve scouted in 9 years of doing this. Better than Lagares before the injuries. No one talks about it in media but the scouts just rave about the defense. Makes a lot of hard contact but itís usually at people. Barrels a lot of balls but no bat control and still 30 grade lift. Heís filled out without getting too bulky. I downgraded his speed from plus plus to plus but may upgrade it back after hearing some whispers of a nagging leg sprain.

Waters has grown on me. Had him as an amateur and wasnít really a big fan. The opinions were very divisive between scouts then. Some loved him, others did not. I really thought heíd end up a Red because they didnít make any bones about letting it be known they liked him. Anyway, I have a lot of question marks, especially from the RH side. However, kid is a grinder, can pick it and works his ass off to improve.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #71
Born Too Loose
Refugee

Is Rhame as bad as he looks, or does he have a shot?
Old 10-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #72
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Too Loose View Post
Is Rhame as bad as he looks, or does he have a shot?
He doesn't have a quality secondary pitch. Few pitchers can survive on one pitch and mixing in others for show. Rhame's one pitch isn't in the category of those other guys, especially commanding it.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #73
WaitTillNextSeason
Refugee

Is Viall a possible ML reliever with his fastball?
WaitTillNextSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #74
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTillNextSeason View Post
Is Viall a possible ML reliever with his fastball?
102 baserunners in 66.1 innings in Single-A as a 23-year-old. Probably not.

BTW, I assumed my contact had him as a non-prospect since he was never mentioned. He had him early in May.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #75
NERD
fat stupid asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Iíll keep it general on Waters bc my opinion is fresh behind a paywall.

I have Pache ranked ahead of Waters. Pache is the best defensive CF Iíve scouted in 9 years of doing this. Better than Lagares before the injuries. No one talks about it in media but the scouts just rave about the defense. Makes a lot of hard contact but itís usually at people. Barrels a lot of balls but no bat control and still 30 grade lift. Heís filled out without getting too bulky. I downgraded his speed from plus plus to plus but may upgrade it back after hearing some whispers of a nagging leg sprain.

Waters has grown on me. Had him as an amateur and wasnít really a big fan. The opinions were very divisive between scouts then. Some loved him, others did not. I really thought heíd end up a Red because they didnít make any bones about letting it be known they liked him. Anyway, I have a lot of question marks, especially from the RH side. However, kid is a grinder, can pick it and works his ass off to improve.
Thanks. One thing to note is Pache did go from having 0 homeruns in his career to 9 last year. That seems like a big jump. Seems like his legs got stronger and had a stronger base to hit from. When I saw him a couple of years ago he was often off balanced or had to leak to generate power.
NERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #76
Pickles
Misch Tickles My Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERD View Post
Thanks. One thing to note is Pache did go from having 0 homeruns in his career to 9 last year. That seems like a big jump. Seems like his legs got stronger and had a stronger base to hit from. When I saw him a couple of years ago he was often off balanced or had to leak to generate power.
Yeah man. I've been on Pache like no other prospect writer between first person looks in the last 2 years and contacts in scouting and player development. He sells out for power against lesser pitchers. Completely changes the trajectory of his swing. I had a late-season 3 game look and I'm combining with 2 seperate 5-game looks from a scout at Double-A (Late) and a scout at High-A (Early). Player Development thinks he's a 20-25 HR hitter. Non-Braves personal tend to think 10-15 max. Literally threw an .290/.340/.400 line on him, not realizing that's a similar slash to Inciarte career. I know there are others out there hyping him for page clicks and video views. I'm forming realistic outcomes, not pie-in-the-sky.

I saw him hit two rockets off Sean Newcomb in an exhibition in March, cheating FB on get me over counts. It was completely pull-side power and Newcomb was going 80-85%.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #77
LTK
Refugee

Do you like Jose Medina? He made #20 in BA's NY Penn list (Adolph didn't make it). I read the summary, good arm, good speed.

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #78
Joey Dirt
Hopes Community College Can Compare

Did scouts just project too much when it came to fmart? Or was this guy really a superstar in the minors who got derailed by injuries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoProblems
There is also the fact that when we got back to her place I needed to drop a fat shit, which I absolutely should have done at the restaurant but did not for some reason. No spray, no candles, no nothin. I was praying she didn't have to use the bathroom for a few minutes after I went, but of course the universe hates me and she went in like 3 minutes later. I'm thinking that Eu de MoMo did not help the situation.
Joey Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #79
Joey Dirt
Hopes Community College Can Compare

Didn’t know he randomly put up a 105 OPS+ for Houston at 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoProblems
There is also the fact that when we got back to her place I needed to drop a fat shit, which I absolutely should have done at the restaurant but did not for some reason. No spray, no candles, no nothin. I was praying she didn't have to use the bathroom for a few minutes after I went, but of course the universe hates me and she went in like 3 minutes later. I'm thinking that Eu de MoMo did not help the situation.
Joey Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #80
bobniborg
bobniborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Dirt View Post
Did scouts just project too much when it came to fmart? Or was this guy really a superstar in the minors who got derailed by injuries?
injuries and pushed to early
bobniborg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Mets Refugees > Mets Baseball > Minor Leagues